And How to Live Your Life According to Them
Many are familiar with the popular spiritual Law of Attraction and the idea of manifesting what you want in life. But did you know there are 11 more spiritual laws of the universe? I first learned about all 12 when I studied to become an Energy Healing Practitioner and they resonated deeply with me. I quickly realized the more I put the laws into daily practice (with support from Reiki), the easier my life became. Life's problems didn't magically disappear, however the way in which I handled problems radically changed. I felt calmer, less reactionary. I felt in the flow with life, not fighting again it. I felt more compassionate and less judgmental towards myself and others. And for the first time in my life I truly felt that the universe had my back.
Keep reading to learn what the 12 Spiritual Laws of the Universe are and how they can positively affect your life.
Where did the 12 Spiritual Laws of the Universe Originate?
The 12 Spiritual Laws of the Universe are a set of guiding principles that have been used for centuries to help us live more fulfilling and purposeful lives. Originating in ancient civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and India, they have been passed down through generations of spiritual teachers, mystics, and philosophers. The framework they offer helps our understanding the universe and our place in it. When we align ourselves with the laws, we experience greater harmony, abundance, and fulfillment in life.
What are the 12 Spiritual Laws of the Universe?
Below are the laws in detail with examples of how to put them in action. There is no right or wrong way to implement these laws into your life. Remain open and curious. Notice how they show up for you. You may even want to keep a journal of your learnings and progress.
1. The Law of Divine Oneness: Everything in the universe is interconnected and is part of a larger whole. This law teaches that we are all connected and that every thought, action, and emotion has an impact on the world around us. The positive impacts we make in our own homes and communities affect the entire planet.
In Action: Recycle, run for City Council, volunteer, plant a tree, conserve water.
2. The Law of Vibration: Everything in the universe is made up of energy that vibrates at different frequencies. This law teaches that everything we think, feel, and say has a vibrational frequency that affects our experiences and interactions with others.
In Action: Protect your energy, surround yourself with others who match your energetic vibration, practice self-care regularly to raise your vibration and show up in the world in a clearer, stronger way.
3. The Law of Correspondence: As above, so below; as within, so without. This law teaches that there is a correspondence between the patterns and processes of the universe and those within ourselves.
In Action: If your life is chaotic and fearful, it's because you are chaotic and fearful. If your life is calm and peaceful, it's because you are calm and peaceful. Take time to quiet your mind through practices like yoga, meditation, forest bathing, Reiki.
4. The Law of Attraction: Like attracts like. This law teaches that we attract into our lives the people, situations, and experiences that are a vibrational match to our thoughts, feelings, and beliefs.
In Action: The universe responds to who we are, not what we want. Read that again. You cannot simply manifest the life you want, you must live it. In other words, be the change you want to see.
5. The Law of Inspired Action: Taking inspired action based on our intuition and inner guidance is more effective than forcing or striving. This law teaches that when we act in alignment with our true purpose, we can achieve greater success and fulfillment.
In Action: Take time to check in with yourself. Tune out the noise and the opinions of others and ask that little voice in your head what it truly wants. You have all the answers you seek.
6. The Law of Cause and Effect: Every action has a corresponding reaction. This law teaches that our choices and actions have consequences, and that we are responsible for the outcomes of our decisions.
In Action: AKA, karma. Trust this law even if you don't see immediate effects. Timing is everything.
7. The Law of Compensation: We receive in proportion to what we give. This law teaches that when we give generously of ourselves, we receive abundance and blessings in return. In Action: If you have a scarcity mindset, the world appears scarce to you. If you have an abundance mindset, the world seems abundant to you. So throw love and kindness around like confetti and watch it come back to you tenfold.
8. The Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy: Energy is constantly transforming and changing form. This law teaches that we have the power to transform our thoughts, emotions, and experiences into something positive and beneficial.
In Action: Your reactions in a situation are a choice. No one can force you to feel a certain way. Try taking a pause, a beat, a breath before reacting. It will make a world of difference.
9. The Law of Relativity: Everything is relative and is only given meaning by how it relates to other things. This law teaches that our experiences are subjective and that we have the power to interpret them in a way that serves our growth and evolution.
In Action: Learn what is yours to carry and what you can let go of. Keep a healthy level of detachment and disengagement from anything not yours. It's OK to say no and walk away.
10. The Law of Polarity: Everything has an opposite, and we can use this contrast to create balance and harmony in our lives. This law teaches that we can transform negative experiences into positive ones by focusing on the opposite.
In Action: Look at both sides of a situation. We are here, in this lifetime, to learn. Even the really difficult lessons teach us something.
11. The Law of Rhythm: Everything in the universe operates in cycles and rhythms. This law teaches that we can use these rhythms to create flow and ease in our lives.
In Action: Life has its ups and downs. When you're down try to remember that it's not forever. When things are going well in your life, practice gratitude knowing this too will not last forever. And don't compare yourself to others, because you never know what ups and downs they've already had in life or what's to come in their lives.
12. The Law of Gender: Everything in the universe has both masculine and feminine aspects. This law teaches that we can tap into both of these energies to create balance and harmony within ourselves and in our relationships.
In Action: Society currently favors masculine energies such as focus, drive, and productivity, downplaying feminine energies like vulnerability, stillness, and compassion. Unfortunately this energetic imbalance can lead to chronic stress, burnout, and illness. Balance is key. We are human beings, not human doings.
Applying the 12 Spiritual Laws of the Universe to Your Own Life.
Now that you know all 12 Spiritual Laws of the Universe you can begin transforming your life through conscious action and intention. Overall the laws encourage us to tap into a greater sense of meaning and purpose in our lives. Specifically, each law provides guidance on how to cultivate a deeper sense of connection to ourselves, to others, and to the universe at large. If you feel stuck, or aren't sure how to get started, I offer Spiritual Advising Sessions where we can explore this topic and how it applies specifically to you life. You may book a session here.